Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thinking of France more than the language isn't good

So, what preparations am I making for France? (it's a question and a reminder as it's just over 3 weeks before we go again).

Well, I've brought my French dictionary to work and Hugo's French in 3 Months that the Flinn's bought me about 3 years ago. Yes, I should be ashamed of myself as there are two books and I'm still on the first.

Here are some phrases I'm likely to use in the future...

Sors les ordures (sore layz ohr dur) -Take out the garbage (If you are talking to a friend or family member)
Sortez les ordures (sore tay layz ohr dur) -Take out the garbage (If you are talking to someone you do not know well)


Le retour à la maison était un véritable cauchemar (leh reh toor ah lah may ohn ay tay uhn vay ree tah ble kohsh mahr) -Returning home was a real nightmare

Karen likes my blog layout and wanted to know if it would print out.
She selected a few lines and pressed 'Print'...it printed the entire blog from a printer we aren't allowed to use.

Karen running downstairs in a state of panic is what has just tipped the day in favour of 'Good'.

I'm working on 2003 when we went to France to officially sign everything and make the property lawfully ours. Watch out for the French Experience #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment