Thursday, April 30, 2009

When I feel good...

I've just been forced to change all passwords on my work PC (we have to change them every month here @VF).
At one time I had Libra Gemini/Clarify, Dise, Total View, Beano, Hermes, CTI, Planview, VF Intranet and Wert...and if left unused for half an hour I had to re-login again.

I even have to use a card and password to get into work.

Are we getting too security conscious?

Having to do these things doesn't make me feel good

I have no passwords at home because I love the idea of being open, accessible and transparent...with honest and friendly people of course.

I've just read the paper which has reminded me to get more security in place...too many unfriendly people out there.

Anyway, I wanted to explore what makes me feel good because sometimes for no apparent reason I am, and I feel I'm about to slide into a state of frustration if I let these passwords get me down.

McTell once penned the words...'When I feel good I think I can live forever and when I get down I know some day I'll die. 'Till then I'm happy that we're together. I'm happy with you, without you I'll sigh. I'm happy with you , without you I'll cry. I'm happy with you and without you I wanna die'

I took my wife to hear him sing these words then turned to her and smiled.

It's good to have a good wife who makes you feel good.

What else makes me feel good?

Walking and talking, hot bath, good book, time in the garden, knocking down walls, helping someone in need, being with friends, being on holiday, writing, riding a bike, watching live sport, being with family and hearing nice things said about me.

Actually, the list is endless and it's a wonder I'm not continually happy.

I've got a lift back from Sunderland this weekend...I'm happy!

I'm wondering if feeling good continually is possible because I've certainly not managed it yet.

I'm just waiting for something to happen to disappoint, frustrate or annoy me. Perhaps you need the rough to fully appreciate the smooth.

Anyway, right now I feel...pretty darn good!
Family time (before Ashley & Amber met and married)...

No comments:

Post a Comment