Wednesday, April 22, 2009

1st Class Stamp

Absolutely shocked! I went to buy a first class stamp on Monday for my grandson's birthday card and was charged 39p. This was more a kick than a stamp. I checked yesterday that he received it and he had...I was ready to be the grumpy old man waiting at the gates of my local sorting office.

In the evening I walked to the White Hart in the centre of Newark for an Artists meeting to sort out this year's open studio programme. I declined the role of chairman as I'm just too busy catching up this year, but I left with the promise of being involved. As I walked home through this beautiful town centre, Bev rang to say she would pick me up (in her PJ's). Before reaching home, Ash had pulled us over to say he'd passed the interview for the PSO's and is very happy.
On balance, I prefer the best news last. The stamp no longer affects me. Fewer people will get a Christmas card this year.

Today is glorious. there are so many birds chattering in the early morning sun that it feels great to be alive. I walked to work with Bev this morning and am ready for the challenges of the day.

The French word for stamp is ...le timbre.

No comments:

Post a Comment