Sunday, October 17, 2010

Journal update

Sunday...Isaiah isn't easy to understand, is he?

On Friday I drove to Leeds to help my son with some building work. On Saturday he drove with me to Sunderland to put a new ceiling in my granddaughter's bedroom as well as seeing Juli off to Canada for a short break. I dropped Jon off in Leeds on my way back to Newark and, by the time I arrived home, realised that I'd left my camera in his kitchen and he'd left his blackberry in my car.

They drove over today for the exchange and we had a very pleasurable late lunch together.

If all goes well, tomorrow will see the arrival of our ninth grandchild. My prediction is for it to be a boy... I just feel it.

I was told last week that my job will become redundant in January.

How do I feel? Fine! So long as it's only the job and not me.

Weather has been crisp, clear,  and is now warm. I feel alive and optimistic.

Here's to a bright future for the unborn and many more besides...you and me included.

5 comments:

  1. From one Ken to another, hi, and your photos are better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grandchild! You will have to let us know the details when you get them.

    Sorry to hear about your job. That's never pleasant. Are any of your co-workers affected as well?

    P.S. I love Isaiah. If you don't already know of him, become acquainted with LDS author Avraham Gileadi. He's a genius on Isaiah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a cheerful, optimistic post. I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the job is redundant and not me...I like that line. Best wishes as you continue to find vital avenues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GOK...would you believe I was a window dresser too? (Binns 1968 in Sunderland).

    Hi Randi...not so fast! She's being induced right now and we expect a birth within a few hours.

    Yes, we are all going even though there are options to stay in a different capacity...front-line and customer-faced. It's not for me.
    Thanks for the nod towards Mr Gileadi...I'll check it out.

    Hi Val
    Thanks. It isn't always easy to be optimistic, but to be honest, I find it hard not to be thankful these days.

    Hi Paul
    Yes, I couldn't bear being regarded as useless.
    I Love your photos incidentally...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete