Here are just a few things we learned...
1. The bodyguard of Prince Charles attended all the lectures the prince attended whilst at Trinity College Cambridge by virtue of his duty to protect him. He even sat the exam...and apparently achieved a better grade.
2. King Henry V111 gave Trinity College a great wad of land (belonging to the Catholic Church) that stretches all the way to London and includes what the Millennium Dome is built upon. The College is worth Billions of pounds and is the richest of all English colleges.
3. Cambridge University is the second oldest University in England (Oxford is the oldest) . It was founded by Oxford students who fled on suspicion of murder.
4. Students at Cambridge have to sign a contract which prohibits them from taking part-time jobs in the community. They are there to study...nothing else.
5. Pink Floyd began their career at the Anchor pub where the punts are gathered.
6. Students managed to put two Santa's hats on spires of a college seemingly impossible to climb.
7. Students also managed to put this car (below photo) on top of the building in 1958...a prank which baffled police for many years as they couldn't figure out how it could have been done.
Revealed...how the prank was done (click on photo)
Some photos of the day and other things we learned...tomorrow!
Speaking of cars...guess who received a speeding fine in the post when I got home? It's the second in my entire driving experience and the feeling is exactly the same...gutted!
I can't remember the last stand-alone perfect day.