Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Project number one...

We couldn't make it to French today, so what do you suppose we did? Well, it's time to get serious about one of my goals for the year.

These are some of the pallets and water containers we picked up from a friend. I have to create five projects from this pile.

From the hedge to the oak tree is the first obstacle.

No more brambles, chicken wire, old posts, old boots, barbed wire and rogue branches. We levelled the earth ready for our first project...the fence. We needed the fence, not only for privacy but also to keep animals out of the veg plot area.

It's coming on...can't wait to stain it.

Dismantling pallets is no easy task.

Bev's new friend.

No longer looking like pallets.

First section up to the oak tree completed.

Spring onions, radish and beetroot planted.

Looking good in the early evening sun.

The rest of the fence ready for dressing.

I thought our boundary finished at the laurel tree, but I noticed wire around the tree on the right along with an old fence post. An extra four feet will do just nicely.

Hopefully, my first project with pallets will be complete by the end of the week and the veg plot will be secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment