Sunday, July 11, 2010

No octopus dude, but...

No more weekly meetings for the first time in over 30 years. Weight lifted. Feeling pretty good! My new responsibility is relatively meeting-less (Cultural and physical activities for Mormons in Nottingham, Derby, Boston and Lincoln). Easy-peasy!

Past responsibilities...Elders Quorum President, member of the Stake High Council, Bishop, 1st and 2nd Counsellor in the Stake Presidency and now no longer the High Priests Group Leader.

We had lunch in the garden and I played the guitar for an hour or so...including the song posted by willow.

There is something very special about music that is sung and played in a way that goes straight to the heart.
I listened to two singers on the car radio recently as I drove home from meetings. One was called Martha Tilston (I think)who I've never heard of before but liked the way she sang the song I was listening to and the other was an old favourite Janis Ian singing 'At 17'.

I've let music slip slightly over the past decade or so, but I'm enjoying getting back to those old favourites Bruce Cockburn, Dylan, Harvey Andrews, McTell, Lightfoot, Tir Na Nog etc! I have several i-Tune gift cards which will be used as soon as I get back from France...unless I can convert my attic vinyl to living room digital.

I know it's Sunday but I'll be watching the final and predict 3-1 to Spain.

What's the point of repentance if there is nothing to repent of?

Did I really say that?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you that you are getting in touch with your music again - its a great way to get those tensions lifted, as you well know. Must make an effort at unpacking my keyboard, could do with a bit of tension lifting myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is just an amazing lift to the soul. Do you know that I've been kicking around the idea of learning electric guitar? Do you think my kids would think I'm crazy? Enjoy your week Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vera
    With all your new experiences, I think you could do with a LOT of tension lifting.
    Well done with the jam making.

    Hi Kelly
    I think your kids already know you are crazy. Thanks, and hope all goes well for you too in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete