Monday, July 05, 2010

Yes it was!

650 emails and counting as I sat at my desk this morning and everyone that I've trained over the last month or so have walked out...mainly due to being moved to unfamiliar roles for no apparent reason.

I'm all on my own doing battle with a growing mountain of work. When I go to France next week do you think I'll give it another thought?

I was pleased to leave the place and walk with eyes closed across the playing fields with the warm and welcome sun hitting my face. I counted 150 steps before peeking to find I was still dead in line with where I wanted to end up and cracked the first smile of the day.

Its been a busy week and spent most of it away from home and didn't get back until last night. I spent time tiling in Martin's bathroom as well London, Dot's surprise party and Amber's belated 4th July celebrations.

Dot is our friend who has been battling cancer for the last three years. She's pretty special and we were so pleased she was well enough to enjoy it. It was a great night.

Before going to London I had to cut back the virginia creeper...
On the tube...
Bev's choice...

2nd choice...
3rd choice...
I haven't got a look in yet but I wanted to see these too...
The tube back a few stops...
Summer Exhibition...
Going in...
I'm not allowed to take pictures but these are the contemporary paintings I liked...

This is the section I would have been in if chosen...
The work I disliked...especially the pale one in the middle by Tracey Emin painted with acrylic and peeling masking tape entitled 'A Fault Line Of Tears'. The price of £125,000 was way out of line and enough to make anyone cry.
They caught up with me so I couldn't take any more pics, but I loved the Ken Howard paintings and would have snapped them had Bev not have snatched my camera away.

Back in Piccadilly I noticed Eros fighting a losing battle and if you look closer, Brazil were about to fight a losing battle too.
The 'Fourth Plinth' exhibit...

Just one of the many street artists...

I hope I remember how I felt carrying paintings on a rush-hour tube the next time I think how nice it would be to enter paintings for another exhibition.

Was it worth it? Yes, it was!

3 comments:

  1. Ken, wonderful trip clearly. Thank you for taking those covert pictures of the paintings. I miss those days of walking through the museum or galleries. I guess I'll be returning to those old haunts once the kiddos move on from mama :) Some day, I would love to visit London. It's on my to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for reminding me of London, both for the memories I have had there and the relief that I am not longer there! So your blog made a two-fold response in me, but the biggest one is relief. And I do so feel your need to be not in the UK as well, so hang on in there, time will soon pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly
    Make sure you have a good guide and plenty of time. It's a wonderful place for galleries, shows, history, atmosphere and the unexpected.

    Hi Vera
    I love the contrast but you are right...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete