Tuesday, March 05, 2013

A Sure Bet

People bet with money they can ill afford in the vain hope of beating the odds that are so obviously stacked against them.

A great deal of insurance  is something you pay but can ill afford, knowing (and hoping) that the odds are sufficiently stacked against you for any sort of return.

You can bet on me having unkind feelings about both professions.

Here's a few more...

B - - - - - s
B - - - - - - s
S - - - - - - - - s
A - - - - - - - - - s
T - - - - - - - s

I reckon to be an angry old codger, because I have a long, long list of things that irritate me. Thankfully, it isn't as long as the list that pleases me.

I'm currently deciding on whether I should get involved with paying for searches on a property that have previously been carried out...several times.

Someone in authority decided to give such searches a shelf life, thus forcing all but cash buyers to pay for new ones. As a Cash buyer, they are strongly encouraging me to pay again, even though an insurance policy at a fraction of the price would cover all eventualities.

I do get tired of people who continually say 'What if...?"

Whatever!

2 comments:

  1. Life does suck at times! Hope you find a new place on your terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy
    It's nice to hear from you. Fortunately, things are looking up:) Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete