Friday, May 01, 2009

Thank goodness it's Friday

Well, the bubble's burst on the 'feeling happy' business...it didn't last long did it? I feel a bit grotty and Bev isn't pleased with me. I've also got the dentist this afternoon and Kirsty is off work later today, which means more work for Karen and me...now I'm grumpy!

It just got worse. Kirsty is off the full day and I've been in a meeting for an hour. We are not only short-staffed but also behind.

An email has just come through from the VF bosses...the have issued a 'Swine flu' warning that if the WHO places the current risk from 5 to a 6 (apparently 6 is pandemic) they will be ready with advice. Well, bully for them.

Oh well, at least it's Friday! I've only got to hang in there a few more hours.
I've just made a mad dash to pick the car up and raced over for my dental appointment only to find they've lost my data while transferring to another computer system and my appointment was lost. I've had my fill of computers this week. Next available appointment is 18th June.

Picked up an M&S treat for Bev tonight on the way back to drop the car off. Amber took the keys in the office and will pass them to Bev.

Back at work...AAAAGH!!! All these last minute problems designed to spoil my weekend.

MADE IT! Let the good times roll!

Walked home and made Bev Aberdeen Angus steaklets topped with all kinds of goodies, wedges, petit pois and asparagus. For dessert, fresh exotic fruits with lemon ricotta and cream custard topping. For drink...chilled apple presse.
It was all M&S so I can't really take the credit...I just cooked the stuff and layed the table while Bev was in the garden doing her thing.

Took photo's of the nicely marked tulips in the front garden.

Charged my batteries ready for tomorrow's photographs and now we are going to do April's expenditure.
The expenditure is one of this year's goals to see how much we spend on various things over the year. It'll give us an indication of how much we'll need to live on when we move to France.

We'd like to go to the social tonight but it's late and Bev is exhausted after the shopping. She took Mum in her wheelchair so it was extra hard going. Tried ringing the Flinns to let them know but they must have already gone.

Our tulips...

No comments:

Post a Comment